Saturday, August 15, 2009

City Lights And Starry Skies

Last night, I looked up at the sky from my bedroom window. There I saw a lone star, shining brightly. Then I thought, "What a beautiful star! But why is it lonely? Where are its friends?". Probably hidden, eclipsed by the dominant city lights.

City lights, concrete pavements, towering structures, city skylines...Don't you just love the urban scene? and rush hours, the traffic, jam packed malls, and noisy markets...ahhh yes, that's city life. Everything commercial and industrial is here. What more could you ask for? A lot...

I miss gazing up at starry skies and watching the moon cradle her little twinkling daughters. And then there are the trees that stand tall and proud, and are not overshadowed by buildings. I wish to be in a place where birds fly freely, not worried about being shot down. I long to find the serenity that nature gives to its viewer, and the soft clean breeze that caresses the skin. Ah Mother Nature! Where art thou?

Is it possible for a city and nature to live side by side? Yes, it is. I grew up in a place as such. If only other cities would've done the same.

***

(Was this post pointless??)

3 comments:

  1. Watch National Geographic...HDTV naman kayo eh...yep I miss the fresh air and all the nature :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldnt say oman is coexisting right beside nature... you still dont see any stars at night. but the good thing is nature can be a few hours away, in the interior parts, away from the city and its lights. hey lets go in december with dee and her car :D hahaha u can go crazy with photography. :P and no it wasnt pointless! it has a very important point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well yeah, the stars. but in oman, you see trees everywhere! it's ironic too, since oman used to be this vast desert. haha! yeah we should! i so0 can't wait!

    ReplyDelete